Late Maharaja Ajeet Pratap Singh [Founder]
To perpetuate the graceful memory of His Excellency Raja Pratap Bahadur Singh CIE (Pratapgarh State) laid foundation stone of “AJEET” Anglo Oriental Somvanshi school in
1898.It was recognized for High School status in the year 1904.It is
dedicated to the sacred memory of his father Late Maharaja Ajeet Singh
to pioneere, in this almost backward and rural region to open the
corridors of knowledge for the society and establishe Pratap
Bahadur charitable Trust in 1916 dedicated to promote & serve
educational, social and cultural courses of the society.
school was recognized for intermediate status and thus eternalized the
memory of Late Maharaja Pratap Bahadur Singh late Raja Ajeet Pratap
Singh named after him as Pratap Bahadur Intermediate College.
Pratap Bahadur Post Graduate College, an offshoot of the above such
deep rooted institute and also an off spring of the
philanthropic P. B. Charitable Trust was subsequently visualized
in 1963 got affiliation from Gorakhpur University to conduct B .A.
& B.Sc. courses by the virtue of consistent and strong efforts of
Late Raja Ajeet Pratap Singh. It followed by a grand inauguration on
25th July 1964 by the present Vice Chancellor of Gorakhpur
University, Dr. Avinash Chandra Chatterjee. His Excellency the governor
Sri Vishwanath Dass laid the foundation stone of the college on
5th September 1964. In 1991 the college got affiliation to conduct
courses in Pol. Sce., Economics from the Avadh University. M.Sc. in
Chemistry was started in 2001-02 and M.Sc. in Physics was started in
2005-06. From the session 2005-06 English Literature and sociology was
added to the subjects to offer more choices for the students.